Yay!! Her Rebel Heart is out in the world. I love this book, y’all – Kaci is an utterly hilarious redneck bulldog of a heroine, Lance is wounded but still standing, and… that. Right there.
Who wants to read about a redneck bulldog heroine? I love her, but will my target audience?
As a self-published author, I’m 100% in charge of marketing my own books. And I love them. I love the romance, I love the interplay between the heroes and heroines, I love the secondary characters and subplots, I love the fun, and… I just can’t be normal.
So, rather than fight it, I’m just going to put it all out here for you. Here are ten taglines that I considered (and, sadly, rejected) for Her Rebel Heart:
9. Their chemistry is explosive. So is her spud gun.
8. A teacher, a tight-ass, and a taxidermied boar. (Rejected not because of the boar, but because Lance isn’t actually a tight-ass Unless he’s worried about violating FAA airspace. Which is a legitimate concern, considering some of Kaci’s extracurricular activities.)
7. Miss Grits gets her man!
6. A military man, a redneck beauty queen, and a potato gun!
5. If Her Rebel Heart doesn’t make you pee your pants laughing, you’re reading it wrong. Or you have an awesome bladder. (Uhh… this is getting way too personal.)
4. A flyboy, a physics professor, and that pheasant incident… (Rejected because it’s a vulture, not a pheasant. Just in case you were wondering. But I do love that alliteration!)
3. This captain is getting catapulted to love!
2. He’s seen what she can do to military-issue birth control glasses. And he wants her anyway.
1. A pilot, a professor, and a projectile pumpkin = perfect love!
There you have it. All of my rejected taglines for Her Rebel Heart. Or, erm… ten of them. I refuse to acknowledge the existence of more.
Also? There really is an awesome romance in here. Her Rebel Heart is about a super-smart physicist who’s been underestimated her entire life, and who now has an amazing career opportunity… but she has to get over her fear of flying in order to seize it. And it’s about a military pilot who thought his life was in order, but who’s about to discover “perfect” can come in surprising packages.
If you’re still with me, and you thought any of this was even slightly funny (or *gasp* heartwarming), here’s where I should probably tell you where you can get the book.
Print and large print are also available at Amazon, and the audiobook could be live any minute now! Happy Reading!