I have a confession about Sugared: I was secretly terrified to write it.
Kimmie is pure comic relief in Blissed and Matched, and I was afraid there wasn't a hero good enough for her, or that I couldn't write her funny enough to sustain a 350-page book, or that I'd discover 275 pages in that she was actually half-alien because her mother had been abducted and had a secret love affair with the alien king, which, let's face it, would explain a lot about Marilyn Elias.
However, you, my fans, deserve so much more than me taking the easy way out with the unexpected alien father plot twist.
But thanks to years (literally) of Kimmie's story percolating in the back of my brain, Sugared came together remarkably quickly.
And I am bouncing on my toes wishing I could share it with you right now. But since I can't (it's with my copy editor, getting a final spit and polish before my proofreaders get their hands on it for one last check so that you all get the very best story I can give you), instead, I'll tell you what I'm excited about with this book.
7. Kimmie's dreams. (Naturally.)
6. The cake and cupcakes. (And I have a related surprise I'll tell you about soon!)
5. The weddings. (Can't have a book in Bliss without one or two, can I?)
4. Josh's half-stake in Heaven's Bakery, Kimmie's family business in Bliss. (You can't see me, but I'm cackling the evil author cackle.)
3. The Master Plan to get Heaven's Bakery back from Josh. (Oooh, the evil author cackle again!!)
2. Did I mention Josh?? I've always thought of Sugared as Kimmie's book, which it totally is, but Josh. JOSH. I couldn't write Kimmie's book without giving her a hero worthy of her, and in the end, I hope y'all will love Josh as much as I do.
1. Sugared. I am simply excited about the whole story. It's hilarious, it's smart, it's romantic and unique and possibly even tear-worthy. I love Kimmie. I love Josh. I love Kimmie and Josh together, even before they're together-together.
Sugared will be here soon!! It's available for pre-order on iBooks and Kobo right now, and I'll send an email to my newsletter list on release day, so if you're not signed up, hit the sign-up button at the top of the page, or click here!
More fun and surprises coming soon, y'all!!