So, I try to keep it light and fluffy around here. But just so y'all know I'm a real person, with more dark side to me than just my save-the-world naked-ninja dreams, today I'm talking pet peeves. And here they are,
10. Toys in my kitchen.
9. Cumin. (Seriously. I hate cumin with the passion of a million jilted Latin lovers.)
8. The cost of babysitters. Twenty years ago, I got paid a dollar an hour per kid. Now, if SuperHubby and I go out to dinner and a movie twice, we'll be paying a teenager enough to buy an iPod.
7. When social networks turn into one big, never-ending stream of “BUY MY PRODUCT.” (Thank you, Tsu.co, for showing me the value of Facebook's algorithms which hide promotional posts so I can see what my friends and family are actually up to.)
6. Food particles in my kitchen sink.
5. Dark, angsty, brooding books at the top of the Romantic Comedies bestseller list. Seriously, y'all?! These are funny books? (Side note: Go, Tracy Brogan!!)
4. The phrase, “Oh, you write books? I'll bet you make a lot of money.” (Yeah, that's not awkward at all. Also? Not true for the majority of writers.)
3. Running out of bacon. Or having to share my bacon. Or someone stealing my bacon.
2. When people cheat at Scrabble.
1. When peanut butter doesn't cure my hiccups.
The comments are open, folks. Vent away. What are your biggest pet peeves?
* * *
Free exclusive ebook for Jamie’s newsletter subscribers: CLICK HERE.
Get Jamie’s books today: CLICK HERE.
Join The Feisty Belles, Jamie’s Facebook Fan Group: CLICK HERE.