Happy First Birth-iversary, Southern Fried Blues! - Jamie Farrell

Happy First Birth-iversary, Southern Fried Blues!

I’m feeling all sappy and sentimental today. Because one year ago, my first book came out into the world. And it’s been one heck of an awesome year for Southern Fried Blues.

First Birth-iversary 1

When Mr. Good Enough was published this spring, I wrote a little note here on rejection and inadequacy and doubts. Two months later, I found out Southern Fried Blues was a finalist in the National Readers’ Choice Awards. A month later, it was named a finalist in the National Excellence in Romance Fiction Awards.

First Birth-iversary 3

Reviewers have brought me to happy tears. Because phrases like these are music to an author’s soul:

I didn’t want to shut off my Kindle and let the story end. I have a strong feeling I’ll be back to revisit Jackson & Anna Grace often. — Jaime at For the Love of Books

I loved this book so much I hardly know where to start. — Sacha at Gonna Need More Books

The love story is timeless and the happily ever after is forged from the fires of perseverance, strength, passion, hard work, acceptance and love. – Elizabeth at Expressions of a Hopeful Romantic

Southern Fried Blues is a stand out book in flood of other military romance books.Amazon reviewer

Wow, y’all. Just… wow. And thank you.

First Birth-iversary 2

I still think about my favorite scenes and smile. Anna vs. the fire ants. Anna vs. the armadillo. Anna and the fish vs. Louisa. Anna vs. Jackson. Jackson vs. himself. Mamie and her friends. The Mae Daniels books. The Iron Bowl. Dinner at Jackson’s momma’s house. The squirrel hunting scene. The biscuits. Really, I can’t pick just one favorite.

First Birth-iversary 4

Happy first birth-iversary to Southern Fried Blues, the little book that could. 🙂 If you haven’t read it yet, I hope you’ll give it a chance this weekend! And if you have read it, have you checked out the archive of deleted scenes, character interviews, and other extras here?

Get Southern Fried Blues at: Amazon  |  Barnes & Noble |  Kobo |  iBooks  |  Google Play  | Smashwords

Have a great weekend, y’all!

In August, I’m giving one blog commenter a signed copy of one of my books! To enter, comment on any blog that I post this month. The more blogs you comment on, the more chances you have to win! Limit one entry per post. Full contest and giveaway rules here.

Sign up for Jamie’s newsletter: Click here

Join The Feisty Belles, Jamie’s Facebook Fan Group: Click here.

Buy Jamie’s books:

Southern Fried Blues at Amazon  |  Barnes & Noble |  Kobo |  iBooks  |  Google Play  | Smashwords

Mr. Good Enough at Amazon | Barnes & Noble | iBooks |Google Play | Kobo

The Husband Games at Amazon | Barnes & Noble | iBooks | Kobo | Google Play

Leave a Comment:

12 comments
Robin Driscoll says August 29, 2014

That’s quite a story, congratulations!!

Jamie Farrell says August 29, 2014

Thanks, Robin! 🙂

Amber Tinsley says August 29, 2014

Southern Fried Blues will always remain at the very top of my Faves list. And it definitely put you Mrs. Jamie at the top of my Faves author list. I have reread all your books, several times, because they always brighten my day. Keep up the fantastic work, and I promise I will try really hard to be super patient whilst waiting on your next book,let.

Jamie Farrell says August 31, 2014

Aww, Amber!! You’re making me blush. 🙂 Thank you so much!! 🙂 🙂

And now I’m getting back to writing Lindsey’s story… while percolating how to expand the Southern Fried Blues world… 🙂

marcyshuler says August 29, 2014

Congrats, Jamie! I was wondering if MR. GOOD ENOUGH was related to SOUTHERN FRIED BLUES?

Jamie Farrell says August 31, 2014

Thanks, Marcy!!

And nope, no relation at all between MR. GOOD ENOUGH and SOUTHERN FRIED BLUES. 🙂 But you’ll find some easter eggs for both inside THE HUSBAND GAMES. 🙂

Amber Tinsley says August 31, 2014

I loved how you tied in Mr. Good Enough in with The Husband Games, but for the life of me I cannot remember any reference to Southern Fried Blues. Sounds like a good excuse to reread a book to keep!

Jamie Farrell says September 1, 2014

They’re very subtle, Amber! 🙂 Like, blink-and-you’ll-miss-them. But it gives me happy smiles that you like to re-read my books. 🙂 <3

Amber Tinsley says September 1, 2014

Oooo, I got the Southern Fried Blues tie in.

Jamie Farrell says September 1, 2014

There are two of them. I’m guessing you got the Mae Daniels reference, right? 🙂 Did you figure out the other one?

Amber Tinsley says September 1, 2014

The Mae Daniels one came to me at like one am this morning as I was goofing off on Pinterest, I’m definitely gonna have to reread The Husband Games to figure out the other. I was going to do it last night but Pinterest happened lol.

Gretchen says August 29, 2014