Woot! It's Husband Games party week! So I hope you'll indulge me as today's top Monday smiles are ten things from The Husband Games that make me happy. And I hope you'll also sign up to come to the Facebook Launch party on Wednesday! Because party. And prizes. And fun. 🙂 Click the link or the picture to join the party!
10. The Blue siblings. All thirteen of them, all named after spices. (On a good day, I can even name all eleven of CJ's sisters. On a bad day, I tend to forget Sage. And sometimes Tarra (short for Tarragon), but only because she was a brother named Reggie (short for Oregano) in the first draft.)
8. The subtle hints to Lindsey's and Kimmie's heroes. (I don't know all of their stories yet, but I giggle every time Lindsey's hero is mentioned to her. Which is only like once. But I still giggle.)
7. The wedding cake monument. Y'all. One day, when Hollywood comes knocking, wanting to launch the Bliss television series, I'm going to tell them they can only do it if they build me a hundred-foot-tall wedding cake monument. Because, seriously. Who wouldn't want to see that?!
6. Marilyn Elias, aka The Queen General. Yes, she's evil. Yes, many people want to hit her, and many people want Nat to stand up to her, but any character who marches into my head (there's a reason she has the General part of her nickname) and informs me that “By the power vested in me as a direct descendant of the founders of Bliss, I will have a major role in this book, and I will believe I am the hero throughout,” is going to be one heck of a fun character to write.
5. Noah Castellano. Nat's four-year-old son. What I love most about him is that his temper tantrums occur off-screen. That never happens in real life.
4. Lindsey Castellano. Nat's sister, the divorce lawyer hiding a heart of gold. (I'm a third of the way into writing her story, and I adore her. Though I must confess, I adore her hero more. Did you catch where he's mentioned to her in the The Husband Games?)
3. Kimmie Elias. One of Nat's best friends, she has crazy dreams, a fear of fortune cookies, and says things like, “My mom's gonna roast your nuts when she heard this.”
2. Natalie Castellano. She's probably the hardest heroine I've ever written, and she's probably the most imperfect too. I adore that about her.
1. CJ Blue. The hero. Le sigh… Who doesn't love a man who can survive growing up with eleven sisters?
Happy Monday, y'all!
In August, I’m giving one blog commenter their choice of one of my signed books! To enter, comment on any blog that I post this month. The more blogs you comment on, the more chances you have to win! Limit one entry per post. Full contest and giveaway rules here.
Sign up for Jamie’s newsletter: Click here.
Buy Jamie’s books: