You know what I love about three-year-olds? I love how the smallest things can cause them to have epic meltdowns. (Yes, that’s sarcasm.) But because I know so many of you will chuckle at this, and I like to spread the joy on Mondays, here are ten things Squeaker throws a fit about Every. Single. Day.
10. “But I didn’t want that spoon!! I have my own spoon!”
9. “No, I get to sit by Buttercup!”
8. “I want the PURPLE vitamin!”
7. “I don’t want go potty!!”
6. “Munchkin locked his door!” (Said, obviously, before we got on the road, but I expect it to start again as soon as we’re settled again.)
5. “But I want you come with me every time I go potty!”
4. “I can’t do it! I can’t put my sock on!” (Note: He can. He just doesn’t like it to be crooked. And by “crooked,” I mean with the gray part of the heel anything less than completely symmetrical around his ankle.)
3. “But I want you feed me in my mouth! I can’t! I can’t do my spoon!”
2. “That’s my blue blankie and monkey! Give it back!!” (Said after a conversation that goes something like this: “Squeaker, blue blankie and monkey are not weapons. Quit flinging them at your brother and sister.” “But, Mama, they are weapons.”)
1. And a bonus, one thing guaranteed to make Buttercup melt down: “Squeaker’s crying, so I must have to too!”
Parents of teenagers: I salute you. Parents of threenagers: wine-o’clock is at my place today. Stop by anytime.
In the month of June, my family and I are moving! But I love you guys, so I’m giving away a surprise to one blog commenter. I don’t know what it will be (yet), but it will be fun, and it could be anything! (I’m thinking it might be related to THE HUSBAND GAMES.) Want to enter? Just comment on any blog that I post in the month of June. The more blogs you comment on, the more chances you have to win! Limit one entry per post, though feel free to comment as much as you wish! Full contest and giveaway rules here.