Moving lends itself to interesting adventures. Last week, SuperHubby and Munchkin stayed in Alabama to finish packing and cleaning our house there while Squeaker, Buttercup, and the two cats and I headed up toward DC. In the first two nights on the road, my children (mostly Buttercup) did a lot of things that I suspect will entertain you.
So, this week’s top ten smiles are about everything Buttercup and Squeaker did within a span of approximately 30 hours of travel time. Enjoy!
10. When I stepped into the bathroom, Buttercup found the cats’ food and put it all, piece by piece, into the cats’ water bowl.
9. We carry a step stool when we travel so Squeaker can reach the bathroom sinks. Buttercup found it and used it to set the hotel alarm.
8. Then Buttercup used the step stool to call the front desk. (I finally figured out I should disconnect the phones from the jack.)
7. Then Buttercup used the step stool (are you sensing a theme?) to steal the TV remote and turn the TV language to German. (Okay, not really. But only because I caught her too quickly.)
6. Every time the hotel air conditioner kicked on, Squeaker pointed at it and growled, “Snap out of it!” (I swear I heard him say it once or twice in his sleep too.)
5. At our second hotel, I wised up and left the step stool in the car. So Buttercup improvised with the cat carrier and used it to climb up on things instead.
4. Squeaker decided he liked jumping in Buttercup’s pack-n-play.
3. Buttercup decided the toilet was a fun new toy to play in.
2. Buttercup discovered the thrill of playing with the thermostat on the air conditioner. (Which I discovered the next day. No wonder it was so warm!)
1. And, while not something my children did… I decided the hotel parking lot needed some freshening up, so I dumped an entire box of kitchen contents all over it so that my vanilla would spill and provide some nice scents in the hot Georgia heat. (For the record, the cat litter wasn’t in the box of kitchen stuff. And neither was the step stool.)
(Special thanks to Kelsey Browning and her son, Smarty Boy, for arriving to join us for dinner shortly after this happened and helping us cart all our stuff into the hotel room. And yay for us driving past friends who could make it to dinner with us!)
And that was just the first two days of travel. Have I mentioned we’re living in hotel rooms for the next two weeks still? Stay tuned, y’all… the fun is just starting. 🙂 Happy Monday!
In the month of June, my family and I are moving! But I love you guys, so I’m giving away a surprise to one blog commenter. I don’t know what it will be (yet), but it will be fun, and it could be anything! (I’m thinking it might be related to THE HUSBAND GAMES.) Want to enter? Just comment on any blog that I post in the month of June. The more blogs you comment on, the more chances you have to win! Limit one entry per post, though feel free to comment as much as you wish! Full contest and giveaway rules here.