Happy Monday! (Don’t laugh. Really. Or, if it makes you feel better on a Monday, I suppose it’s okay to laugh.) Are y’all ready for April? I’m not quite ready for it yet, because I’m too excited about going to my very first book club as the author of the book of the month tonight! We’re getting all Southern Fried tonight! (I’m bringing a sweet potato pie in honor of Jackson.)
So because of April and April Fools Day and my very first author appearance at a book club, today I present to you…
This Monday’s Top Ten Smiles
10. Sweet potato pie. (Yes, I know, I already mentioned the pie above so this is cheating, but it’s what my kids are having for breakfast today too, and that’s making them smile, so it’s making me smile.)
9. That time I spilled red Kool-Aid all over my dad’s Field and Stream magazines, but he didn’t believe me when I confessed to it because it was April Fools Day
8. Google (Because they do awesome April Fools jokes. Consider this your warning to be suspicious tomorrow. You’re welcome.)
7. Darth Vader and Son by Jeffrey Brown
6. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion (Seriously, y’all, this book is hilarious.)
4. Flying a kite
2. That y’all were so enthusiastic in helping me pick the name of Bliss Bridal Boutique’s rival boutique! In fact, I decided Bliss needs at least three bridal boutiques, so while my heroine, Natalie’s, family owns Bliss Bridal, there will also be a Mrs. (thanks to Sally!) and a La Belle (thanks to Sacha, Krsytin, Jessica, Jennifer, and Abby!) in Bliss. Woot!! Y’all watch for your shout-out in the acknowledgments of THE HUSBAND GAMES when it comes out later this year!
1. Bobby McFerrin’s “Don’t Worry Be Happy”
I’m sorry. Or you’re welcome. Or both. Whichever’s more applicable.
Hope you have a wonderful week, and make sure you stop back here tomorrow! Because April is going to be a ton of fun!