There seems to be a general consensus that Mondays kinda suck. Which is too bad, really. I mean, did Monday ask to be Monday? Maybe Monday secretly wanted to be Friday, or even Thursday, but it wasn't able to summon the pep it needed on Day try-out day, and it got stuck being Monday.
(It's possible I shouldn't try to prep blogs on a Sunday night after peeling and chopping twelve pounds of carrots. But it's also possible that's beside the point…)
So today, and for every Monday for the rest of the year, I'm listing ten things that make me happy in the hopes that at least one of them will bring an extra smile to your Monday.
Or, it's possible you'll discover I'm a bit odd. Which will hopefully also make you smile, no matter if it's because we're kindred spirits or because you're relieved you're more normal than me.
On to this week's list!
2. This joke: Four men are walking down the street. Three walk into a bar. The fourth ducks.
3. Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow
4. My bacon shirt
5. When I ask Squeaker when was the last time he went potty, he replies, “Fine. Five.” Every time.
7. Static making a baby's hair stand on end
8. Finding a penny on the ground
10. The video to Jerrod Niemann’s “Lover, Lover”
Want to play? Tell me something you're happy about! (Yes, even on a Monday.)
Stay tuned! A certain Southern gentleman has convinced me I should post his last deleted scene sometime this week…